Monday, December 6, 2010

to whom much is given

I must always remember that to whom much is given, much is required. Though at times I may be a little insecure about what God has given me because it may not measure up with someone else's, much is relative. And every little bit or lot of bit that He has given me should be great in my eyes no matter what because my blessing is no one else's but my own. I struggle daily trying not to think about the things that I don't have; for example, my style would look so much better if i had X or it must be nice to have someone to go home to, to not have to worry about finding a lover, comforter and friend in man. I know it sounds silly for a believer to think this way, but I do sometimes. I forget all that I am and have comes from God. It is in these moments when I "check" myself, that I am reminded that grace and favor are the only things separating me from people I encounter in passing daily.
As I continue to come out of my shell in African dance. I remember in my heart that I was created to make His praise glorious in my body. I can only remember people commenting on how I gave it my all when I ministered unto Christ. In my heart, that is where I want to be.
If I don't become more proactive, the I will continue to feel like the world is passing me by.

No comments:

Post a Comment