Monday, December 13, 2010

cooler than a polar bear's toe nails

Thank Outkast n their track ATLiens for that title. I love them. Anyway so i recently learned that assholes DO exist. I been saying this all day to people. Recounting the story and laughing. I must say that a year ago my feelings might have been hurt. While I still have much about myself to work on, I know i'm "so fresh and so clean". This time i'd like to talk about the men that came at me with some crazy shit this year. In many cases I feel like I put myself right in front of the bus. I mean I was trying to be nice and understanding, and accepting. But.... I met alot of crazies. And learned alot. So this goes out to the drug dealer who lives on 33rd and Spring Garden by my job, who had the nerve to ask me why I never tried dating a drug dealer. Little did I know, that was going to happen to me. Cheers to the women who have made this kind of behavior acceptable all for material things in return. I honestly am never pressed for any man; at least not anymore. I haven't been completely enamored with anyone since High School. and even then finding a boy toy was just another conquest. Sadly i'm paying for that kind of thinking in my twenties, as I have turned into the prey. I hate to say it but ive slowly become a little jaded. No i'm not one of those women who will walk around talking mess about black men and how they ain't dis and ain't dat but my trust is slowly fading away. Though in my moments of deep thought I've realized that I have trust issues poking out from behind my relationship with daddy. So maybe I never trusted men in the first place. Whatever the case, this is not a good place. And homeboy last night did not help the situation. He did make me laugh though. Came in all smooth like he had just what I was looking for. Selling candy, as they say. I took the bait, although his face was a little scrunched, and mousey. Ha! I guess everyone, ale and female walks around like that though. It's confidence. It's saying to yourself i'll never know until I try to talk to that man or that woman over there. What do I have to lose? This slick talker was never looking for a girlfriend though. He was going through a sexual drought and was coming up to quench his thirst. Poor him. picked the wrong one for that and the right one for everything else. If he was looking for that. So yes. I am cooler than a polar bear's toe nails. And he will never know the half of it cause i wasn't selling the right flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment